Navigation & Planning
CAA SafetySense Leaflets
Please ask yourself these questions before joining the circuit at any airfield:
- Where are you entering the ATZ from? Which VRP?
- At Newtownards you can expect pilots to be familiar with Comber, Mount Stewart and Bangor/Groomsport.
- What’s your altitude?
- Have you requested joining information on the radio?
- What’s the wind?
- Which runway will you use?
- Which direction does the circuit for your chosen runway use?
- All circuits at Newtownards are left hand except runway 03 which is right hand.
- What is the runway elevation?
- Is there any other traffic joining or already in the circuit?
- Is there any traffic about to depart?
- How are you going to join the circuit and at what altitude?