The aim of the PPL course is to teach the student to fly safely and efficiently under Visual Flight Rules (VFR).
The privileges of the holder of a PPL is to act as Pilot In Command (PIC) or Co-Pilot of any plane engaged in non revenue flights.
The PPL course is a minimum of 45 hours flight training comprising:
- 35 hours with an instructor (dual)
- 10 hours supervised solo flight time (PIC)
- Pre flight and post flight briefings
- A series of 9 exams; the Air Law exam must be completed before your first solo flight
All training will be conducted in one of our 3 Cessna 172s or our 2 Cessna 152s (aircraft of your choice).
When the training is completed the student will undergo a flight test with a CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) accredited examiner.
- An applicant for the PPL must be at least 16 years old to copmplete your first solo flight and 17 years old to hold a Private Pilots Licence (PPL).
- The applicant must also hold a Class 2 Medical before your first solo flight.
Ready to Start?
If you’re not sure whether flying is for you, why not book a Trial Lesson to give it a go?NEXT: Step 2 – Night Rating